Becoming a Life Coach
As a practising life coach, I frequently get enquiries from people who are interested themselves in becoming a life coach. Unfortunately I don't have time to answer individual queries outside of paid coaching sessions, but below are some initial considerations to reflect on if you are thinking of becoming a life coach and links to some articles on topics that may be of interest if you are wondering whether life coaching is the career for you.
Questions to Consider if You Want to Become a Life Coach
If you are thinking about becoming a life coach, I would suggest that at a minimum you think about the following questions and where relevant carry out research to find out the answers to them:
- Are you suited to being a life coach?
- Does everyone need training to be a life coaching and how can you decide what is the best training course for you in the face of all the different options?
- How does an experienced life coach run his or her coaching business?
- What are important principles to bear in mind in creating a coaching website?
- How can you market your coaching services, particularly on the internet, in order to build your coaching business?
- What different coaching techniques or models might be suited to your personality and skills?
- How can you structure coaching sessions effectively?
- What impact might running a life coaching business have on the rest of your life?
Becoming a Life Coach - Preliminary Thoughts
Click on the links below to read articles about some topics related to becoming a life coach:
Life Coaching eBooks
I have written a number of downloadable Books designed as self-help guides relating to particular issues that clients often ask a life coach to help them with. The materials and ideas in the eBooks can also be used by life coaches in appropriate circumstances to help clients (in this respect they are intended as a supplement to materials and ideas that trained life coaches already have, not as a substitute for appropriate professional training). To find out more, please click on the link below: